I know I’m a few days late with this, but i’ve been enjoying my off duty – post #MedShift! As with the last time I did this, I thought it might be an idea to collate all my posts into a sort of journal, and so here they are…recorded yet again for posterity:
- After off duty days it’s time to return to #MedShift with 4 long days, 1 x 10-8 shift today then 3 x 8-8 days #NotMyFavourite @SCoRMembers
- Starting the day in #Outpatients – GP referrals & clinic follow-ups. Can be anything from head to toe! #BringItOn @SCoRMembers #Medshift
- Time for an early tea then off to A&E for the final part of the #MedShift – quite often the busiest part of the day! #DeepJoy @SCoRMembers
- #Medshift 1 of 4 done ✅ 3 more to go! Last part of the shift wasn’t all that bad thankfully. Hometime. Shower, tea n’ tele ☺️👍 @SCoRMembers
- Handover from nightshift ✅ Rooms cleaned ✅ Resus trolley checked ✅ Left AED to come to #Outpatients again #MedShift day 2 👍 @SCoRMembers
- Am in #FractureClinic this morning and just been shown how to do a standing axial calcaneum ✅ #EverydayASchoolDay #MedShift @SCoRMembers
- #MedShift ends with a #traumacall – no plain film imaging required as patient going to CT! Handover to nightshift ✅ Hometime! ✅ @SCoRMembers
- #MedShift 3/4 underway & it’s the weekend so running X-Ray’s from AED. Inpatients, mobiles, theatres the lot! #SeeWhatGives! ✅ @SCoRMembers
- Halfway through the #MedShift, just finished lunch & theatre have called – just an MUA today ✅ Off I go! 👍 @SCoRMembers #ChangeOfScenery
- Straight from the MUA to another theatre & an emergency pacing – not done one of those in a while #BitRusty 😱 ✅ #MedShift @SCoRMembers
- Home at last, after a long #MedShift! Lots of portables today. ITU, amongst others keeping us busy, as per usual! 🛀 time! ✅ @SCoRMembers
- Tired only scratches the surface of how I feel 2day 😴 Let’s hope a large brew & 3 x Weetabix enable me to get to #MedShift 4/4 @SCoRMembers
- Couple of knees ✅ couple of portable chests ✅ resus trolley checked ✅ #MedShift 4/4 well & truely underway! @SCoRMembers
- 2 patients, 2 fractures. One the worst fracture I’ve ever seen, the other just a minor one. Shaping up to be a varied #MedShift @SCoRMembers
- Back from theatre – 2 x MUAs ✅ Time to do the processing from the day’s theatre cases (x5) – #RealitiesOfTheJob #MedShift @SCoRMembers
- Head-to-toe X-rays ✅ Portables ✅ Trauma Calls ✅ Theatre ✅ #MedShift complete! Now for some off duty days! 👍🎉🎈#OverAndOut @SCoRMembers
- The ☀️ is shining, yet I still feel like I have a hangover – without the headache! Thankfully no #MedShift today! 😂 #shattered @SCoRMembers
The great thing about doing this is the interaction I get from my tweets, as well as me being able to share things about what it’s really like to be an allied health professional.
You certainly don’t learn this kind of stuff from a textbook!
I hope you enjoyed. Until the next time.